What to Expect from BGA's Juniors Program
BGA Juniors can take advantage of year round programs that include clinics, classes, camps, tournaments and private instruction. Junior programs are offered at all five Baltimore Municipal Golf Courses. BGA Instructors determine and publish schedules of events and learning opportunities for each Course. Tournament play is a valuable part of the Junior program and includes competitive play at all five Courses.
Our goal is to establish a solid foundation for each Junior, whether brand new to the game or an experienced player. The fundamentals are stressed so that every student learns the importance of a good grip, set-up, posture, alignment, the short game and the full swing. We recognize that some Juniors are more competitive than others and we encourage and challenge these children in different ways from those who are less competitive in nature. Regardless of ability level, we strive to make golf fun for all of our Juniors in hopes of igniting a love for the game that will last a lifetime.
Background checks are conducted on adults working with Juniors as part of our comittment to of keep them safe and learning golf in a nurturing environment.
• Classes, camps and private lessons available
• On course opportunites as well as tournaments
• Equipment provided during lessons, if needed.
• Competitively priced clubs available in Pro Shops
• Junior Development Programs
• Baltimore Junior Golf Tour
• Junior Coaches Program
• Summer and Spring Camps
• Professionals and coaching staff are highly trained.
• Coaches are first aid certified
• Adult/Junior Clinics and Annual Championship at Pine Ridge
•LPGA*USGA Girls Golf, PGA Junior League Golf, and Golf 4 Life are affiliated with our Junior Program