BGA Junior Programs
Our goal is to establish a solid foundation for every Junior who participates in our programs. The fundamentals are stressed so that new golfers, and those with more experience, understand the importance of a good grip, set-up, posture, alignment, the short game and the full swing.
All BGA Junior programs are staffed with highly trained professionals and coaching staff. Members of our primary teaching staff are either PGA or LPGA accredited. Our Coaches (assistants who help out with clinics and camps) must complete training programs that empahsize safety along with golf skills. Background checks are conducted for every staff member over age 18 who assists with BGA Junior programs.
Summer Camps at Pine Ridge • Camps Fill Quickly - Register Now
Six, Week-Long Camps June/July/August • Monday - Friday •
8:50 AM to 2:00 • 400/person/week • Learn More
Junior Clinics at Pine Ridge
Rookie Clinics - Registration will open in March
Weekly Clinics for girls and boys ages 7 to 13 with little or no golf experience. Register and Prepay Online - $10.00/clinic Pay day of at Pine Ridge - $15.00/clinic Learn More
Player Clinics - Registration will open in March
Weekly Clinics for boys and girls ages 7 to 13 who have some playing experience and have advanced from the Rookie Clinics. Register and prepay online - $10.00/clinic Pay day of at Pine Ridge - $15.00/clinic
Wizard Clinics - Register
Weekly Clinics for experienced girls and boys ages 12 to 17. Saturdays , 2:00 to 3:00 Register and prepay online - $10.00/clinic Pay day of at Pine Ridge - $15.00/clinic Learn More
LPGA*USGA Junior Girls Golf at Pine Ridge - Register
Weekly clinics for girls age 6-16 to the game of golf, improve their skills, build confidence, make friends. Wednesdays, 4:15 to 5:15 • April 18 to Sept. 26, 2018 • Register and prepay online - $10.00/clinic Pay day of at Pine Ridge - $15.00/clinic Learn More
Junior Golf Leagues
2018 PGA Junior League Golf at Pine Ridge
Team vs. team competitions in a structured league for boys and girls ages 9 to13. $225/junior/season • Email Julieta Stack for registration information Additional Player information will be posted this Spring.
Rookie/Player League - Register
For Boys and Girls ages 7 to11. Practice sessions and 5-Hole Match Play at Pine Ridge or Mount Pleasant. $150.00 Learn More
Most junior golfers thrive in our group lesson setting, however, there are times and occasions when private lessons are a better option. Learn More
The First Tee®
We are proud to partner with the The First Tee® of Baltimore in its mission to impact the lives of young people by providing educational programs that build character, instill life-enhancing values and promote healthy choices through the game of golf. Learn More
Junior Golf FAQs
What is the cost of private lessons?
• Fees vary by instructor but usually range between $35.00 and $50.00 for 30 minutes.
What is the cost of clinics?
• Prices vary by course but typically range from $10 to $15/golfer/clinic
What is the cost of summer camps?
What is the cost of equipment?
• Prices range from $20.00 per club to $400.00 for a more advanced junior set.
• Good sets costing between $100.00 and $200.00 are the norm.
Do juniors have to have equipment or can they borrow equipment from BGA?
• We provide equipment for use during clincs.
How many lessons are needed before juniors can go on the course?
• The answer varies with ability but usually 4-8 private lessons or 8-12 clinics are enough to get them on the course.
How old do juniors have to be to start in BGA programs?
• Private lessons are open to any age.
• Clinics are usually for juniors aged 7 and above.
• Younger juniors are sometimes admitted, depending upon the clinic offered and the child's maturity.
Are BGA instructors certified by a professional organization?
• Members of our primary teaching staff are either PGA or LPGA accredited.
• Our "coaches", the assistants who help out in clinics and camps must take training programs which include safety and skills.
• Background checks are conducted for everyone over age 18 who assists with our junior programs.
HOW TO REGISTER YOUR JUNIOR FOR BGA PROGRAMS
WHY IS THIS IMPORTANT? It Saves You Time and Money!
· You can register one or more children by name and all at one time.
· Clinic prices are lower for students who are pre-registered and pre-paid.
Follow this link to our Online Appointments page.
· If you have already registered and have an account, scroll down to Choose Customer and enter your name.
· If you have not registered for an account, scroll down to Choose Customer, select Create New Customer and follow the instructions.
Scroll down to Choose Party Size and enter the total number of family members you want to be able to register. This step is key but you can always add more names later.
Scroll down to Who are You Booking For? The default is “Myself.” This is where you add the names of the Juniors you want to be able to register.
· Click on the small arrow next to “Myself” and open the drop-down menu.
· Select Add New and enter your family member’s name.
· To add another name, repeat the Add New step until you have added everyone you want to be able to register for any event.
· Please enter first and last names.
Step 3 does not have to be repeated. Once a name is added you will always be able to select it when registering.
THAT’S ALL THERE IS TO IT
Once you have set up your account and added your Junior’s name(s), simply follow the link to Register for whatever event you choose, enter your name as the Customer, enter the Party Size, and select the name(s) of each registrant from the Who Are You Booking For drop down menu.
The Baltimore Municipal Golf Corporation
is proud to present the
Baltimore Junior Golf Tour
in association with MECU
Details and Registration Information
Check this page often,
BGA JUNIORS ARE GOING TO HAVE A GREAT SEASON IN 2018!
BGA Juniors at Bulle Rock event in 2017